Aftonbladet published a quite interesting interview with Per Gessle regarding “Night of the Proms” as well as “Gessle over Europe” release today.
I do not have really time to translate the whole article, but there are few informations worth knowing:
– Per has written many songs this summer and Roxette are going to try to record some tracks while their stay in Antwerp (almost 3 weeks in one town!). They have something called “Pro Tool” which allows to record music outside the studio with the same high quality.
– Marie on “Night of the Proms”: “I want to do this”
– 600,000 tickets for “Night of the Proms” 2009 are sold
– Marie & Per were more suprised with the check for “Night of the Proms” in 2002 than they were for 2009, but it doesn’t really mean they got less this time
– Per’s first thought about problems with German release of “Gessle over Europe” was: “Oh, finally I have become a little bit dangerous”
Edit: There’s also a new Expressen article with the same topic. (in Swedish). They also mention that Per has taken 16 songs with him to Belgium and Netherlands and that they have rented an extra room in the hotel where they have set up a studio. “We just have time enough between the shows”, tells Per. “I want to test some pre-recordings and see how it works.” Per also tells that if there should be some more of Roxette, it should be new stuff. This sounds very promising! 🙂