After the premiere of Roxette’s new documentary ”It All Begins Where It Ends”, now we could watch the TV cut of ”Travelling The World – Roxette Live 2012” premiering on SVT1 today.
We got a nice taster when we saw the live scenes in the documentary and from the Joyride teaser shown on SVT Play, so we had some images in our minds how the whole concert film would look like. Favela (the filmmakers) shared the info some hours before the premiere that TV version consists of 11 songs from 11 cities, filmed in Argentina, Germany, Chile, Brazil and Sweden. Besides these countries, South Africa also appeared in the film.
Now seeing this 58m 12s long version we could relive the gigs – in the front row. Enjoy it here!
One thing is definitely strange in the film: the constant cuts coming too fast after one another, breaking the flow of the songs a bit (mainly in It Must Have Been Love with scenes shown even from the video clip). However, all the incredible camera angles (e.g. the one used during She’s Got Nothing On (But the Radio)), the fantastic sound, as well as those many happy and familiar faces on and off the stage make it bright, even though the colours in the film are not that saturated.
Regarding the DVD version, it may be a wishful thinking, but we write it in the name of many, many fans that it would indeed be great to have all the 26 songs* ever appeared on the setlist during the tour. If we can’t get them in video format, then at least on a bonus CD, as the sound is amazing indeed. Chris did a fantastic job mixing it.
*Songs played live during the tour in alphabetical order (the songs appearing in the TV cut of the concert film are in bold – the number next to them shows their sequence; places mentioned in the film before all songs are most probably referring to the crowds, as stage scenes are from South America; however, crowd scenes also seem to be mixed, not just from one venue during one song):
- 7Twenty7 (5) – Hamburg, Germany
- Church of Your Heart (11) – Mar del Plata, Argentina
- Crash! Boom! Bang! (6) – Berlin, Germany
- Dressed for Success
- Fading Like a Flower
- How Do You Do!
- It Must Have Been Love (3) – Cape Town, South Africa
- It’s Possible (4) – Rosario, Argentina /SPECIAL version 😉 , as Per is singing ”There’s something very SPECIAL about you” instead of ”There’s something very DIFFICULT about you” after the ”do do”-s/
- Joyride (7) – Neuquén, Argentina
- Listen to Your Heart (10) – Santiago, Chile
- Only When I Dream
- Opportunity Nox
- Perfect Day
- She’s Got Nothing on (But the Radio) (2) – Córdoba, Argentina
- Silver Blue
- Sleeping in My Car (1) – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Soul Deep
- Spending My Time (8) – Göteborg, Sweden
- The Big L.
- The Look (9) – Stockholm, Sweden
- Things Will Never Be the Same
- Watercolours in the Rain
- Way Out
- Wish I Could Fly
We are curious if a list of all concerts – not just the ones where the shootings took place – will also appear on the DVD to show the world at least this way how big the Neverending Tour was.
We’ll get to know it latest when the DVD is available – hopefully this March, according to Per’s earlier comment.