Amazon.de shared the tracklist of Gyllene Tider’s Dags att tänka på refrängen album with length and dates next to the demos appearing on the Deluxe CD. The digital version is available from 22nd April, physical version (CD, vinyl) from 24th April.
- Det blir aldrig som man tänkt sej /2:52/
- Man blir yr (Album Version) /3:01/
- Singel /3:01/
- Allt jag lärt mej om livet (har jag lärt mej av Vera) /2:59/
- Tio droppar regn /2:53/
- Jag tänker åka på en lång lång lång lång lång resa /2:54/
- Lyckopiller /3:07/
- Chikaboom (Album Version) /3:08/
- Anders och Mickes första band /3:22/
- Tiden är en dåre med banjo /3:02/
- Knallpulver /2:32/
- Dags att tänka på refrängen /3:41/
- Det blir aldrig som man tänkt sig (Demo 6/8 2012) /2:21/
- Man blir yr (Demo 26/7 2012) /3:24/
- Singel (Demo 6/12 2012) /2:11/
- Allt jag lärt mej om livet (har jag lärt mej av Vera) (Demo 6/8 2012) /3:05/
- Tio droppar regn (Demo 6/10 2012) /2:29/
- Jag tänker åka på en lång lång lång lång lång resa (Demo 28/8 2012) /2:54/
- Lyckopiller (Demo 21/6 2012) /2:53/
- Chikaboom (Demo 6/12 2012) /3:40/
- Anders och Mickes första band (Demo 5/10 2012) /3:23/
- Tiden är en dåre med banjo (Demo 9/8 2012) /2:41/
- Knallpulver (Demo 8/5 2012) /1:32/
- Dags att tänka på refrängen (Demo 28/6 2012) /3:13/
Looking at the demo dates one can see (not that we didn’t know it until now 😉 ) that Mr. G is indeed a workaholic – and we like it! Let’s take a closer look at these dates.
- 8th May, 2012: gig day in Curitiba, Brazil. Was the demo made in the dressing room?
- 21st June, 2012: during a short break between South Africa and Borlänge. Were there any lyckopiller involved during the recording? 😉
- 28th June, 2012: 1 day after Borlänge and 1 day before the ultra-awesome Amsterdam gig.
- 26th July, 2012: 2 days after the megafantastic Gdansk, Poland gig and 1 day before Kotka, Finland. By the way, this day Per shared the new ”Fake guitarist in an 80’s band” plec collection on Facebook, Roxette Official. So, most probably he had to try and see if they were OK, thus he recorded a demo.
- 6th August, 2012: After all the birthday celebrations it was time to record 2 demos. Not mentioning the earthquake in Halmstad that day.
Woke up to a trembling world 5 o´clock this morning. Thought Micke Syd was rehearsing in Harplinge.
- Actually, there was a tweet regarding the earthquake that day: “Det värsta är ju inte att det har varit ett jordskalv i Halmstad. Det värsta är att risken finns att Per Gessle skriver en låt om det.” (meaning: ”The worst thing is not that there has been an earthquake in Halmstad. The worst thing is that there is a risk of Per Gessle writing a song about it.”). Well, I’m not sure about any songs being written that day, but it would be too cool to have some earthquake vibes à la Gessle one day.
- 9th August, 2012: during the break between Finland and Norway gigs.
- 28th August, 2012: 1 day before the Ottawa, Canada gig, when Roxette went on a lång lång lång lång lång resa.
- 5th and 6th October, 2012: 4-5 days after the premiere of Kurt & Lisa and Furet wines in The Per Gessle Selection.
- 6th December, 2012: well, demos are always good to be recorded when Santa is in town. 🙂
Now it would be interesting to hear anything about the circumstances under which these songs were written. Hopefully, there will be a detailed interview about the songs with Per after the album is out. So far we know that ”Det blir aldrig som man tänkt sej” – formerly known as ”Är det jag” – was written in the 70’s (demo 9th July, 1979).
One more interesting thing – what a fan (Ketil Nordgård) mentioned on Gyllene Tider’s facebook page the day the tracklist was published – is that in the ”Att vara Per Gessle” book (p. 270) ”Knallpulver” is mentioned as a leftover from Per’s ”En händig man” album. However, Per stated in several interviews that the big difference between Gyllene Tider’s new album and ”Finn 5 fel!” (2004) is that one third of the songs on F5F were leftovers from ”Mazarin”, but now all the songs were written exclusively for Gyllene Tider. Well, whatever project ”Knallpulver” was written for, the title sounds exciting and it seems to fit the album quite well.