Marie played the 16th concert of this tour in Gävle tonight. I started to realise during the concert that it’s only 3 concerts left after this one, so I kept telling myself ‘only three times left to enjoy this song’ or this moment… this is going to be a hard after-tour blues!!
The concert was… you guessed it! Amazing!
The front row was fully taken by fans. I could change our 5th/6th rows we had gotten via Ticnet for 1st row tickets a few hours before the concert thanks to very nice staff at the concert hall. Sometimes one just has to ask! It turned out some other fans had asked as well to switch seats because we were all sitting there (it would have looked quite weird if nobody would have sat there, weird ticketing system…).
So it was the first row mainly who stood up as always. This time, though, I didn’t have the feeling that the audience wasn’t into it but the other way around. They reacted to what Marie said and joked about and also when they heard the first tunes of songs like Sparvöga, Ännu doftar kärlek or Tro.
And they did partly stand up at Efter stormen and rocked along at Mellan sommar och höst. The version of this song played tonight was probably one of the rockiest of the whole tour!!
Amazing guitars tonight, by the way. I think even Marie thought Chris and Jokke were superb tonight judging by her reaction and face.
Micke changed the intro of Tro a little bit and it’s simply beautiful.
And Marie left us all with our mouth open with Så skimrande… wow!! I am always amazed by her powerful voice!
One if the anecdotes tonight: Pelle had started to play the drums for Om du såg mig nu when somebody (Chris, Micke?) shouted for him to hold on. Marie was to speak! She introduced the song as the one which is dedicates to her dad.
She sang this song with a lot of feeling. She always does of course, but I felt tonight was extra deep and special.
Some fans had paper hearts that they held up during Tro. Marie also got flowers from some fans.
Setlist (no changes)
1. Så stilla så långsamt [1992 – DSR]
2. Kom vila hos mig [2013 – Nu!]
3. Bara för en dag [1987 – ES]
4. Det regnar igen [1992 – DSR]
5. Sista sommarens vals [2013 – Nu!]
6. Ber bara en gång [1996 – IETSV]
7. Sparvöga [1989 off the Swedish drama TV series]
8. Ett hus vid havet [1985 – DSV]
9. Ett bord i solen [2007 – TFT]
10. Så skimrande var aldrig havet [1990 off Taube compilation album]
11. Ännu doftar kärlek [1984 – HV]
12. Så länge det lyser mittemot [1992 – DSR]
13. Om du såg mig nu [1987 – ES]
14. Efter stormen [1987 – ES]
15. Den sjunde vågen [1985 – DSV]
16. Mellan sommar och höst [1992 – DSR]
17. Den bästa dagen [1985 – DSV]
18. Tro [1996 – IETSV]
Arbetarbladet.se (Note to the reporter: just so that you know, Rox fans are very well aware that this is a Marie SOLO tour and don’t expect to hear any Roxette during the concerts. We are there to see Marie live with her Swedish master pieces)