According to today’s news, Per Gessle will have a podcast on Swedish Radio P4 together with Sven Lindström. The title of the program is Gessles nio i topp (Gessle’s Top 9).
It will premiere on 24th March and will have 10 parts:
- 24 March: Nio låtar jag önskar att jag skrivit (Nine songs I wish I had written)
- 31 March: Nio svenska hjältar (Nine Swedish heroes)
- 7 April: Nio bästa sångerskorna (Nine best female singers)
- 14 April: 60-tal – de nio just nu bästa (’60s – the nine best right now)
- 21 April: 70-tal – de nio just nu bästa (’70s – the nine best right now)
- 28 April: 80-tal – de nio just nu bästa (’80s – the nine best right now)
- 5 May: Nio new wave från England (Nine new wave songs from England)
- 12 May: Nio bästa producenterna i rockhistorien (Nine best producers in rock history)
- 19 May: Nio bästa Beatleslåtarna sjungna av John Winston Lennon (Nine best Beatles songs sung by John Winston Lennon)
- 26 May: Nio bästa gitarriffen i rockhistorien (Nine best guitar riffs in rock history)
How exciting! Listening to Per and Sven talking about music is one of the best things in life. And now we will have some ear candy each Thursday!
When Per was asked about the idea by Per Scholander from P4, he never hesitated. He says it was obvious to say yes.
Sven and I like to talk at once and have no respect for each other’s opinions. Perfect breeding ground for a podcast.
The podcast will be available HERE!