Kjell Andersson, former Head of A&R and producer at EMI Sweden publishes his autobiography, Ingen går hel ur det här – Mitt liv i den svenska musiken on 8th February. Over 40 years in the music industry, Kjell worked together with many of Sweden’s greatest artists. To name a few: Per Gessle, Gyllene Tider, Marie Fredriksson, Roxette, Mauro Scocco, Eva Dahlgren, Wilmer X, Björn Skifs, Ulf Lundell etc.
Besides the book, an album is also released where Kjell’s artists offer interpretations of mainly each other’s songs. What a cool idea to create an album like this! Title is Ingen går hel ur det här – Sånger från Kjell Andersson’s liv i den svenska musiken. You can listen to it HERE (after midnight your local time)! It’s very probable that this is a digital release only.
Tracklist (songs related to Marie or Per are in bold)
- Plura & Mauro Scocco – Nånting måste gå sönder
- Magnus Lindberg – Jag saknar oss
- Mauro Scocco – Ljusterö
- Andreas Mattsson & Tomas Andersson Wij – Landsvägspirater
- Johan & Jessica – Vägar
- Peter Lemarc – Sara-Li
- Per Gessle & Helena Josefsson – Sniglar oh krut – original: Ulf Lundell (1975)
- Basse Wickman – Spelmannen
- Marie Fredriksson – Här och nu – original: Basse Wickman (1988)
- Nisse Hellberg – Efter stormen – original: Marie Fredriksson (1987)
- Toni Holgersson – Om du kunde se mig
- Dan Hylander – Ännu doftar kärlek – original: Marie Fredriksson (1984)
- Niklas Strömstedt – På väg – original: Per Gessle (1983)
- Staffan Hellstrand – Rialto
- Lisa Ekdahl – Med kroppen mot jorden
- Björn Holm – Hemma till slut
- Triad – Den sjunde vågen – original: Marie Fredriksson (1986)
- Pernilla Andersson – Dina röda skor
While the recording of Per’s Lundell cover sounds recent, Marie’s recording of Här och nu is most probably from the end of the ’80s, judging by her vocals. Great to hear something so far unreleased by her! Per and Helena sound very authentic on the Lundell cover. This song would well fit the En vacker… sessions in their interpretation.
Covering a Marie song is always a challenge, I would say, and it’s very interesting that all 3 songs of hers are covered by male artists on this album. Triad (Niklas Strömstedt, Lasse Lindbom, Janne Bark) did a great job by interpreting Den sjunde vågen and Niklas Strömstedt’s cover of På väg is also very nice (he wrote the music to it anyway). Niklas already released this song as a duet with Per on his En gång i livet album.
Kjell’s book will for sure be an interesting reading as well!
Update on 9th February 2021: Unfortunately, both Marie’s and Per’s cover disappeared from the streaming sites. Per says: “There was a misunderstanding concerning the master rights to the songs. I’m sure “Sniglar och krut” (and Marie’s song) will pop up somewhere else down the road.“