Your Backstage Pass to My Life in Music by Staffan Öfwerman is a truly remarkable biography. Written by Staffan himself, the book chronicles his life as a musician behind several Swedish artists, with a significant focus on his time with Roxette, where he worked as a musician during their peak years. The book is not presented in chronological order; instead, Staffan weaves captivating stories that revolve around similar themes, blending various anecdotes from different periods of his life in an entertaining manner.
Opening with a fantastic experience of performing at a retirement home, the first chapter sets the tone for the book. Your Backstage Pass to My Life in Music also includes a selection of both black-and-white and color photographs. Moreover, readers gain access to a private website where they can explore a treasure trove of Staffan’s photographs taken during his numerous tours. These images are truly unique, never seen before by the public.
Furthermore, the website features a treasure trove of video and audio clips, including demos and unreleased songs. These elements complement the reading experience, offering a multi-dimensional glimpse into Staffan’s extraordinary musical career.
As Staffan shares his journey, the personal touch of the author and his direct involvement in these events make the reading experience even more captivating. The narratives are authentic, coming from someone who was an insider throughout these experiences.
In conclusion, Your Backstage Pass to My Life in Music is an excellent and entertaining book that takes readers on an enthralling journey. Staffan’s firsthand accounts and musical prowess make this biography a must-read for anyone seeking an insider’s perspective.
A great advantage is that the book is written in English. The 286-page biography was published in June 2023 and contains photos as well. It can be ordered HERE!
Everyone who has purchased the book gets access to an online backstage area with exclusive content.
Listen to Staffan’s solo music HERE!
Staffan kindly offered one signed copy for a RoxBlog contest. In order to participate, answer the following questions correctly:
- Name at least 3 songs on Roxette’s Joyride album where you can hear Staffan singing backing vocals! – Hotblooded, Fading Like A Flower, I Remember You, The Big L., (Do You Get) Excited?, Church Of Your Heart, Small Talk
- What’s the title of the latest single released by Staffan as a solo artist? – Let Us Take You Higher
- What’s the title of Ofwerman’s 1987 debut single written by Per Gessle? – Young
Send an e-mail with your name, address and the correct answers to the questions to firstname.lastname@example.org until 23:59 CET, 5th November 2023. The lucky winner will be announced on 6th November 2023. Good luck!
UPDATE on 6th November: the winner has been picked and informed via email about his winning. Thanx, everyone, for taking part! The winner is Michael Haskamp from Germany! Congrats!
Contest terms and conditions:
– In order to participate, you have to send an e-mail to email@example.com with name, address and correct answers to the 3 questions. We will consider all e-mails we receive until 23:59 CET on 5th November 2023.
– 1 winner will be picked randomly among those who have participated and sent the correct answers.
– You can only participate once. Any attempt to participate twice or more times will lead to your disqualification.
– Prizes won’t be paid out in cash. Prizes will be sent by registered mail only once.
– The winner will be announced on this website, on our Facebook page and will also be notified per e-mail. You’ll be required to answer the e-mail confirming your address.
– RoxetteBlog will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result of the contest and is not liable for any damages, loss or expenses that may result in connection to the prizes.
– By taking part in the contest, personal data (first name, surname, e-mail address and address) will be collected. These data are needed in order to run the contest, particularly in order to match participation applications to their entries as well as to identify and notify the winners. This method of processing data is therefore required pursuant to Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit b of the GDPR to fulfil contractual obligations. The personal data collected will be processed and used by RoxetteBlog only to the extent that is required in order to run the contest. The personal data will be stored for the duration of the contest and – in order to process any claims relating to winnings and damages – for a maximum of 6 months afterwards and they will then be deleted. By participating, you agree to all above mentioned and your name being published on this website, as well as on our social media channels in case you win.